Last year, we poured 29 different Oktoberfest beers in OktoBEERfest, but this year we have 34 different Oktoberfest beers ready for you to enjoy! Here are a few beer highlights...
- Shultzy's will have Victory Beer Zeltbier, their fantastic modern-style Oktoberfest beer. Don & I tasted it from the tanks at the brewery, and you're going to love it! We'll be the ONLY place in the world outside of Downingtown, PA where you can drink this beer in 2013, so don't miss it! Of course, we'll also have Victory's Festbier, a perennial OktoBEERfest favorite
- We have a special version of Lazy Boy Oktoberfest called Lazy Boy Shultztoberfest that we'll be pouring at Shultzy's during OktoBEERfest. Shawn Loring, Founder and Head Brewer of Lazy Boy hosted us for the day at Lazy Boy and came up with a special recipe just for us here at Shultzy's. This is another special beer you'll want to keep an eye out for.
- Shultzy's will be the only place around where you can enjoy ALL THREE varieties of Chuckanut Oktoberfest. We'll have Chuckanut's modern-style fest beer and their Rauch (Smoked) Märzen, but we also cleverly squirreled away a couple of kegs of Chuckanut's award winning Märzen for your to enjoy and compare with the other two. Chuckanut OktoBEERfest madness!
- We'll have new Oktoberfests to enjoy in 2013. We have SUPER-RARE Sierra Nevada Oktoberfest (Chico, CA), Weissenhohe Monk's Fest Bier (Weissenhohe, Germany), Licher Oktoberfest (Lich, Germany), Shiner Oktoberfest (Shiner, TX), Silver City Oktoberfest (Bremerton, WA), and Ninkasi Oktoberfest (Eugene, OR).
- It looks like we may not have old favorite Left Hand Oktoberfest due to recent flooding in Colorado, but I'm optimistic that we might get some toward the end of our extended 40-day OktoBEERfest.
- Brewery breakdown: 8 German (all 3 Munich Oktoberfests available in WA), 9 Washington, 4 Oregon, 2 California, and 1 each from Colorado, Massachusetts, Missouri, Montana, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Wisconsin.
That's the latest from OktoBEERfest central -- stay tuned for more OktoBEERfest news soon!